Tips for beginners
Help: you can get contextual Help from almost anywhere in the software, by typing F1, or very specific information are often available with little question mark buttons.
Language: you can switch from the language you selected to English and back by typing F9. When contacting PVsyst support for help, please provide screen shots in English (or French).
Workspace: clicking on the path to your workspace will open it in the Windows explorer. You can switch between recent opened workspace in "File > Recent workspaces".
Red dots: every time you have red dots on graphical views, you can drag them with the mouse to modify the involved parameter (examples: horizon line, plane orientation, near shading orthogonal drawings).
Exporting tables: all result tables can be exported to other software by choosing "Export" in the menu:
- either as text file (text CSV format),
- or by "Copy as text" into the clipboard (to be pasted for example in a spreadsheet software),
- or by "Copy as image" into the clipboard.
For some scrolling tables (solar parameter, meteo), you can choose the time period to be exported.
Exporting graphs: all result graphs can be exported to other software by choosing "Export" in the menu:
- either as image file (png, jpg or bmp format)
- or by "Copy" in the clipboard, which can be "Pasted" within any other software (MS-Word, etc.).
Current window image: as in all Windows applications, pressing "Alt + PrintScreen" copies the current window into the clipboard.
- allow for a double line comment in front of each print form,
- are usually "intelligent" printings which hold complementary useful parameters,
- offer a "preview" facility,
- often ask for desired details about outputs.