Generation of temperature
For temperature, a general model doesn't exist. We used procedures adjusted only on Swiss meteo data (
In fact the ambient temperature daily sequence shows only weak correlations to global irradiation. Of course the temperature should be continuous, therefore this sequence is constructed using essentially randomly daily slopes, with constraints on the monthly average.
But daily profile can be much more related to the global irradiance. During the day, temperature behaves rather like a sinusoïd, with amplitude related to the global daily irradiance, and a phase shift of two to three hours. The corresponding correlation parameters (for amplitude and phase shift) have been quantified from several Swiss region typologies. One can accept that these can be generalised to analogous typologies for other places in the world.
- The temperature model was established on Swiss meteo data, with a detailed analysis of climate type dependence.
- The region typology asked by the program is only used to refine these temperature daily profile parameters, but the differences among region typologies are very low:
- the most significant effect is the mist,
- slight coupling differences between irradiance and amplitudes,
- inertial shifts.
For any site in the world your choice will not induce great variations of the temperature profile.
Remind that dependence of PV-system behaviour is not very temperature-sensitive (about 0.4%/°C).
- Please be aware that these temperature synthetic data are not reliable enough to be suited for building heating or cooling studies in any climate (which is not the goal of this software) !