PVsyst 7 includes new features, improvements to the user interface and the user experience, and a new licensing system based on yearly subscriptions.
PVsyst 7 is available!
What’s new ?
Here are some of the new features which are available in PVsyst 7:
- Support of 64-bit architectures : extension of PVsyst capabilities of handling large projects and shading scenes
- Irradiance: new improved treatment of the circumsolar component, impacts on the electrical shadings and vertical Bi-facial systems
- System : unlimited number of sub-arrays
- Shadings : conversion of fixed tables to trackers, new trackers with central gap parameter for bifacial
- Output AC circuit : definition of several MV and HV transformers, with their specifications
- Live results display : see results values and graphs while the simulation is running
- Economic evaluation : Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE), Net Present Value (NPV), multiple loans of multiple types, advanced depreciation configuration
- Economic evaluation : availability for Stand-alone and Pumping systems
- Simulation : display of warnings during the simulation and with the results
- Module Layout : great improvements in submodule shading calculations accuracy, print of the layout has also been improved and can now be printed in the report
- User interface : improvements of the user interface and user experience
- Localization : full-software translation coverage (except the Help), Turkish and Korean languages available
New licensing system : Yearly license subscriptions
The use of PVsyst 7 requires that you own an active license subscription.
While your subscription is active, you will have access to all PVsyst 7 versions and updates.
Yearly subscriptions are available for purchase on our online shop.
When your license subscription expires, you will no longer be able to use PVsyst 7 as a licensed user and PVsyst 7 will switch back to DEMO or TRIAL mode.
Subscription renewals are available for purchase on our online shop three months before the expiration date.
Purchasing a one-year extension will add one year to the current license validity period.
One kind of license is available: PVsyst 7 PROFESSIONAL.
PROFESSIONAL licenses provide access to all features and components of the software.
Users who wish to try the software before purchase are able to use it in TRIAL mode for 30 days, but only generic components will be available for simulation.
After the 30 days trial period, PVsyst switches to DEMO mode and features will become very limited.
The price for a subscription to PVsyst 7 PROFESSIONAL is 600.- CHF / year.
This also means that the purchase of an additional license or the renewal of an existing one will bear the same cost.
The cost for student licenses is 25.- CHF for one year.
Universities, training and research centers are able to request special quotes.
Discounts are applied on each order, depending on the number of new licenses or extensions purchased at the same time :
- 2 to 4 licenses -> 5% discount
- 5 to 9 licenses -> 15% discount
- 10+ licenses -> 20% discount
If you are a new client, you will receive your activation keys by e-mail within a few days following the full payment of the amount due, together with the paid invoice.
If you already own PVsyst licenses and your customer ID is registered in your web user account, you will receive your activation keys instantly by e-mail if you choose to pay directly by credit card and complete the payment. If you choose to pay by bank transfer, you will receive your activation keys as soon as we receive the full payment of the amount due. The subscription renewals are effective instantly if paid by credit card.
In any case, if your PVsyst 6 license had an active update support on the PVsyst 7 release date (May 25 2020) you will be able to use PVsyst 7 with the same activation key until the end of its update support.
Then, depending on your license status on the PVsyst 7 release date (May 25 2020), you have been granted an additional amount of time :
- If you purchased your PVsyst 6 license in the last two years and still have an active update support, you have been granted one additional year of PVsyst 7 subscription for free
- If you purchased your PVsyst 6 license in the last two years and you did not purchase update support, you have been granted six additional months of PVsyst 7 subscription for free
If you purchased your PVsyst 6 license more than two years before May 25 2020 and your update support was not active, then you are not able to use PVsyst 7 with this license.
If you purchased a PVsyst 6 PRO30 license and if you are able to use PVsyst 7 with it, it has automatically been converted to a PVsyst 7 PROFESSIONAL license.
Only PVsyst 7 PROFESIONNAL is available for purchase.
If you already own a PVsyst 6 license you are still able to use PVsyst 6 permanently and you may be able to use PVsyst 7 depending on criterias listed above.
Yes, it is possible to install both versions on the same computer at the same time.
Installing PVsyst 7 does not remove any file used by your current PVsyst 6 version.
The new license system allows you to transfer your license to another computer and then transfer it back to the first computer.
The number of transfers (from one computer to another) is limited to 4 on a rolling period of 30 days.